Friday, March 1, 2019

Organization and Inspiration...

Hello! After my group meeting, I also talked to my two other group members, Valentina and Catalina. Catalina shared our magazine name idea, “The ‘Fit”, to her peers, and they thought it was very catchy and original. I am still brainstorming more names, but for now, I really like this name.

I also spoke to them about what programs to use, and we will most probably end up heavily relying on a website called Canva, which I will explain about more in a later post when I analyze my options for magazine editing programs.

For my magazine, I will need to come up with ideas for the following sections:

1. Layout of spreads
2. Color scheme
3. Types of pictures
4. Story content

Right now, I’m compiling examples of spreads, layouts, and cover images that I want to be my inspiration during my magazine production process.

Here are a few examples I found:
1)


I love the idea of wordplay in my magazine stories! I feel like it gives so much more life to a plain 2D page. 
Like is shown in the image, the editors split the text into three columns, which makes the information easily digestible for a reader. 
The image pictures the model looking directly at the camera, which directly addresses the reader and grabs his/her attention. 
Taking this into account, I will remember to split up my text in two or more columns. 

2)


I really need to research the lighting, background, and editing that is needed to take shots like these of makeup products! I have a ring light at home, so I'm hoping this will be useful to take pictures of makeup products or fashion pieces. 
I also love the overlaying of products, pictures, and text: I feel like this "collage" of elements gives so much visual interest to the page. (When I was 13, I would always rip these kinds of pages out when I saw them in my Seventeen magazine and stick them to my wall because I loved them so much.)

3)




So much is going on in this page!! And that's why I love it. 
There's so much overlaying of model pictures, plants, text, furniture, and more. To me, this colorful and busy spread really grabs the attention of a reader instead of a boring old text and image spread. 

(Sidenote: I actually used to make these types of collages! *gasp* When I was little, I loved seeing all the overlaying of products on magazine pages, so I decided to start making collages of outfits and makeup products using an app called Polyvore and Superimpose. Because I'm familiar with these two programs, I will do more research into them to see how I could utilize them for my magazine.)

As you can see, I have two polar opposite interests:
-Simplistic, white, and linear
-Over the top, colorful, and overlapping (like the example above)

Farewell for now!
More content is in the making...



In order of appearance:
CONTENTS AND DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD. (2014, August 20). Retrieved from https://riddlesdownmedia.wordpress.com/year-11-gcse/contents-and-double-page-spread/

Marie Claire / Jessica Alba Interview. (2016, January 02). Retrieved from http://madeleineloves.com/2015/11/01/marie-claire-interview/

Bodieandfou. (n.d.). BODIE and FOU features in the press. Retrieved from https://www.bodieandfou.com/press/

No comments:

Post a Comment