Thursday, March 21, 2019

Updates

Hi guys! Right now I’m writing to you from the Miami airport on my way to Buenos Aires, Argentina. I’m really excited about the trip but I’m also really anxious about how I will be progressing with my project. Hopefully, I’ll have time at night at my grandma’s house to start on the draft of the interview and take a few more pictures.

So going along with my previous post, I’m going to be creating a draft table of contents based on my research on other beauty magazines’ TOC. As promised, I talked to my teammates yesterday to see what they preferred for the layout: a picture of a model as the background or singular small pictures throughout the page corresponding to the article titles. They both told me they liked the singular small pictures better, and Valentina showed me her own TOC draft:




I really like her ideas, so I decided to create my draft based on hers. I’m not finished with it, but here’s what it looks like right now:



I just need to add a few more sections and page numbers and then a few draft images, and then I'm done (with the draft at least)!

Here are a few ideas I have for the article titles that I might include in the table of contents:

1) The Skincare Files:
Tips and tricks to have the most "Inta-worthy" skin during humid summer days.
(Include a picture of a girl with a clean, makeup-free face, preferably in a high-key lighting environment or during "golden hour"- AKA when the sun sets) because this is the environment that is common in summer.
2)Making a Statement: How one fearless woman created her own statement pieces, one jacket at a time. PLUS: How to style her denim creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment