Saturday, March 30, 2019

Ad Adventures

Hey guys! So like I mentioned in my last post, I added the picture of the bracelets onto my Canva magazine layout for the ad:


However, I don’t really like how the white text looks on the green background. I feel like it’s a little hard to read. So, I decided to add a little outline behind the text in a different color to hopefully make it stand out:

  

I'm between pink or purple. I like how the pink matches the pink of the flower, but I feel like the color is too flashy. I also like the purple since I feel like a darker color makes the white stand out more. On Monday I’ll ask Catalina and Valentina what they think is best.

Also, the April 2019 Marie Claire magazine just came in the mail, and since it’s almost summer, I looked through it to see if it had any last minute inspiration for my magazine. I especially looked at the ads this time and I found this one from Bvlgari, which is also of jewelry like my ad is:


I noticed that the pieces were not only displayed on a model, but also on a separate close-up picture. I might implement this in my magazine, but I’ll talk to my group members if they like the idea for their magazine as well.

I also looked at two more ads:


I like the white frame around the model!
Underneath the brand name is the website. 

To finish my ad, I just have to add the website and see what changes my group members recommend. 

Progress has been made, but there is still more to do!
Stay tuned!

Bvlgari ad. (2019, April). Marie Claire, 26(4).
Longchamp ad. (2019, April). Marie Claire, 26(4).
Dolce & Gabbana ad. (2019, April). Marie Claire, 26(4).

No comments:

Post a Comment