Tuesday, April 2, 2019

24 HOUR CHANGES

Hello guys! So I have several updates…

I had to be honest with myself and I realized that I needed to take a new cover image. My two partners have a background of nature, and so I need to be consistent with that theme.

Right after school yesterday, I felt really productive so I forced my sister to come to take pictures with me. I visited my friend’s house, which has a really pretty golf course with huge palm trees and bright green fields, which is perfect for my magazine since it’s a summer edition. This time I took pictures with a professional camera (a Nikon D90) because when my sister took her pictures for her cover image, her pictures had really high definition and looked like an actual professional magazine image. I felt pretty sad that I had taken pictures in Miami for no reason, but I’ve been worried about my cover image for a while now, and I am glad to change it. I know I had told you guys that I was going to use an editing program to change the background in my original cover image, but let’s just say it was nearly impossible to get the wall to look realistic, since the lighting was different in all parts of the wall (like I mentioned in a previous blog post).

So! Let me tell you! It was an adventure taking pictures yesterday. We drove a little to the golf course, which they let you publicly use after the golf players leave (so that you won’t be hit by a ball!). Well, it was a little cloudy when I left my friend’s house, but the sky showed no signs of rain. Yet, when I get of my car, dress my sister, and walk to a nearby tree, guess what? It starts slightly raining! I told myself that I needed to keep going, but I was worried about my mom’s camera. So, I took a few more pictures and drove back to my friend’s house. When I got back, I checked the pictures out and felt like I needed more options. Long story short, we went back and forth between the golf course and my car avoiding the rain, but ultimately, I got a really awesome image! Here’s a little clip of me taking pictures of my sister (I swear she’s tired of me bossing her around):


Do you see and hear the little raindrops? I took pictures anyway...
Also! I want to reiterate again that the model may look like me, but it's actually my twin sister!! How can you tell us apart? I have a white birthmark on my lip and I'm slightly taller!

Here a few clothing items I brought for the shoot: 

Here is the location of the shoot:


I also want to say thank you to my mom for letting me use her jackets for the pictures and for letting me mention her company in my article! She's always been a big inspiration for me. 

So, without further ado, here are a few pictures that I took!

 
 

And then a few different pictures for that I had to take last minute for the table of contents:

  

After I took the pictures for the cover image, I was anxious to see how they looked on my magazine, so I got to work right away. At first, I was between these two covers:

 
But I ended up liking the picture on the right better because I loved the bright red colors on the jacket. I also asked my team mates and six other friends because I needed to see if it actually looked like a magazine cover to others, and they loved it, thankfully:


However! I was not done there. I realized that the white text did not stand out in the busy background of the palm trees. So, I tried a few things to fix it, which I will talk about in my next blog post!

I will also talk about:
-Editing my pictures
-Making my magazine style cohesive with my partners
-Writing my article
-Taking more pictures for the TOC
-How I based all my decisions on research
-Problems I encountered
-Starting my CCR script!

So buckle your seatbelts! It's going to be a bumpy ride (and long blog posts)!

Excited for the final result, 
Malena

No comments:

Post a Comment