Friday, April 5, 2019

Making the Double Page Spread

Hey guys!

Surprisingly, making the double page spread was one of the easiest parts of my magazine!
Here's how it went:

1) I first asked my sister to take a few pictures of me wearing one of my mom's jackets so that I could include it in the double page spread.



Looking back, I'm really glad to have put a picture of an example of how the jacket could be styled, but I wish I would have taken a picture of my mom to give the company and the story a face. 

2) I interviewed my mom while eating at Panera Bread. I didn't really have any exact questions, but there was a general idea:
-Did you know you wanted to work in the fashion industry when you were growing up?
-What obstacles did you overcome to be where you are now?
-How did you start out?
-What is one trait or characteristic do you think is important to have when trying to reach a goal?

My partners and I then came together with all our research and decided to go with a bold title with pops of color, 2 columns, and a little excerpt at the end of the double page spread that gave a little more information. 



We also decided to have the social media of the person being interviewed/the company being talked about in a little rectangle at the end of the article.

For the part that says "Ways to Wear Val's Creations", I took a few pictures of my mom's jackets with white cardboard as the background and a ring light:

 

I then took the pictures:



And deleted the background with an app called Superimpose:




I made little excerpts on how to style each jacket. 

Lastly, I  wrote the article and the double page spread was done!
I'm so glad that I added the last part about how to style the jacket because I feel like it can give the reader an idea about how the jackets could be worn, which I found a lot of fashion/beauty magazines do: they create possible outfits that the readers can try out. 

Singing out!
Malena

P.S.
My CCR is in progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment