Wednesday, March 13, 2019

BE YOUR OWN MUSE

Welcome back!

So, after asking a few of my friends to be my models, I encountered some...problems.

First of all, the unanimous response to my question was “But how will I pose?”

And to be honest, I didn’t even know. What I do know, however, was that I don’t want my model to look awkward or uncomfortable (for obvious reasons). Thus, my friends refused my offer and guiltily muttered: “I’m sorry...but I’m just gonna look really awkward!” So, because I myself am scared to be the center of attention in front of a camera, doing poses, changing positions, etc, I let my friends go unscathed (for now).

Second, I’m planning on taking pictures in Miami this weekend, and a lot of my friends have either volleyball tournaments or volunteering so they won’t be able to come with me to the picture-taking locations. Wandering around the desolate school hallways thinking of who my model would be, I had a mini realization.

So...what did I decide?

SURPRISE! I’m going to be own model (actually two of me)...

Let me explain:

So, as I mentioned in the introduction of my blog, I have a twin sister, Catalina, with whom I am doing the project. Since my sister and I are basically joined at the hip, we will be going to Miami together this weekend, so it’s the perfect opportunity for me to use her (that sounds worse than it actually is) for model material. I will be directing her posture, movement, and poses throughout my picture taking process.

However, I will also be the model, because there are some poses that I can imagine in my head would work perfectly, but I can’t really verbalize them to explain to my sister (although some claim we have twin telepathy…).

So, although I was stressed throughout last weekend and the beginning of this week wondering who my model will be, I have finally reached a decision for my model(s): Malena + Clone Malena.

Who said you can’t be your own star and producer?

Although I’m intimidated of replicating Gigi Hadid’s poses and outfits… I accept the challenge.

I just have a few worries:
I reallyyy want to have variety in my pictures, and having identical-looking models over and over again doesn't help.

Therefore, I’m going to have to embellish my looks and my sister’s looks so we look different and so there’s some variety in the pictures: colorful glasses, jeans, makeup, etc.
Also, I’m going to be using pictures of myself and Catalina for my mom’s jackets segments, which are the front cover image and the images embedded in the double page spread (interview). Yet, I still want to find different models for my table of contents pictures and ad, if I needed.

So here’s the plan:

Saturday, March 16th:

1) Go to Miami with my mom and sister and take pictures in “The Citadel” restaurant mentioned on my last blog post with the really pretty walls and architecture, and possibly find more cute areas to take pictures around that area.

2) Try to convince my parents to go to this magnificent place:



The luxurious Miami Design District. Guys. Look at this place! It’s basically pleading to be on the front cover of a magazine!



So, I want to kind of emulate the style of this picture that I took a few months ago. Instead of having me awkwardly standing in front of it, I want to take a low angle of the model and the model looking down at the camera, with the bubble structure in the background. 

Also instead of me smiling rigidly at the camera, I will (attempt to) *gasp* not smile and look more serious and professional since this is usually what I observed from cover images in beauty magazines such as Marie Claire and Vogue.

I’m not sure if it will work out because the outfit might not be displayed as much with the low angle, but I will see what magic I can work.

Fingers crossed that the locations all go as planned and that the WEATHER IS NICE in bipolar Flordia. Very important.

Farewell for now,
Malena

About Us. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.miamidesigndistrict.net/about/

No comments:

Post a Comment