Friday, March 8, 2019

Experimenting with Layouts





I really want to emulate the style of this layout for my magazine: two columns of text about my mom’s interview on one side and a picture or a collage of pictures of my mom working on jackets on the next page.

However, I altered the layout a little to my taste, and here is a sketch that I made of how I want it to look like:



(sorry if my drawing skills are below average) but:
First page: The title in a large, bold font in the center, a little biography/introduction underneath, and the start of the article on the bottom, in two columns.

Second page: two or three more columns of text and then a collage of pictures relating to the interview. 

To try this out, I’m going to be trying out Canva on my computer, and taking you along with me!

I will be publishing a screen recording of me working on Canvas soon!

Also! Looking back on my blog post about my mom’s company, I realized that I was focusing on my mom’s story and how she overcame obstacles. Although I do want these elements to be a big part of my magazine, I also have to focus on how to actually style her jackets and her experience in the fashion industry since our magazine revolves around beauty and fashion, which is also what our target audience would like to see. So, to fix this mistake and plan out what I’m going to include in my interview, here are some questions that I could ask my mom:

What made you start a fashion company?
What fashion or beauty brand inspires your creations?
What celebrity do you think embodies your fashion style?
How can customers style your pieces? (I can even include pictures of examples of outfit ideas)
What are some main obstacles you have overcome when creating your brand, and how did you get through them?
Given the unique nature of your jackets, what tips would you give to readers on how to find your own individual style, sometimes by going against what society is says is “trendy”?

Like I’ve said in previous blog posts, I really like how this layout includes beauty products, and I was thinking about also asking my mom what daily products she uses and titling it “What’s Pachamama’s Makeup Routine?” However, I think I should focus more on the interview more than this layout since this will be the main double page spread.


Also, random thought: I have to remember to use different types of shots and angles for my pictures so they’re not all shots of the model directly facing the camera.
Well, goodnight fellow blog readers, and I hope you're as excited to begiin my magazine creation journey as I am.

Edit image, resize image, crop pictures and appply effect to your images. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://followtheart.info/kareff-Mon_11_4.htmlPage Makeup And Layout. (2016, June 13). Retrieved from https://makeupview.co/page-makeup-and-layout/

No comments:

Post a Comment