Saturday, March 16, 2019

Finally shooting day! Hip Hip Hooray!

Hey guys! So recently I’ve been a little worried about my magazine because I’ve had no time to take pictures for my project or interview my mom. Since it’s the end of the quarter, I’ve had a lot of work to do and I’ve basically had no free weekends. With all the planning and research I was doing, I was aching to finally get hands-on with the project and see what all the weeks of planning would take me. So today, after around a month of wishful thinking and planning, I FINALLY had the time to take pictures of my sister for my magazine!! *internal “Celebration” song comes on*

Today, my mom was moving her showroom studio from a consignment shop in Miami to a coworking space near also in the Miami area. So, while I was helping her move her merchandise and furniture, I took advantage of the moment and took some pics! My mom had shown me the coworking space through pictures, but I was actually amazed when I visited the place in real life!

The building was an actual maze. My sister and I actually got lost when we separated from each other while taking pictures. All of the walls were covered in art and beautiful quotes that made my eyes glaze over with happy tears...I had found the perfect location to take pictures of my model. Yet, I realized that a lot of the artwork had the names of the artists so I couldn't use these as backgrounds since I didn't have their consent to use their work. Also, I couldn’t find the owner to ask him if I had permission to shoot in their building, so I found that the safest bet was to use walls that had no significant copyrighted or branded artwork. Another obstacle I encountered was that I was in a time crunch: my parents were already packing up to leave so I convinced them to give me another half hour to find cool wallpapers and take pictures.

With all this said, I’m really pleased with how the pictures turned out! My sister was actually super compliant to my annoyingly picky demands (surprisingly) and even let me use her phone when mine ran out of storage (that’s how many pictures I took today…).

Soo...without further ado, here are some of today's UNEDITED shots!! :




This is the one that I’m considering using for the cover image:



The model is looking at the camera, which Mrs. Stoklosa had said was vital for a magazine cover image and which I had already noticed was a universal feature of cover images in all beauty magazines.

My sister is also wearing one of my mom’s jackets, which hints at what the cover story will be about: my mom’s company and how to style her jackets in different ways! I did this because I really wanted the cover image to relate to the cover story in some way. Here is my mess of props that I used for the photoshoot:


Sorry for the dark lighting!

Big thanks to my mom for letting me experiment with multiple of her jackets and giving consent to having her brand in my magazine.

To give you guys a little context, here are the locations in the coworking space that I shot pictures at:




As you can see, the area has amazing lighting, especially near the windows, and has so many cool wallpapers for backdrops!

Overall, I'm really happy with how much I progressed with the project in the past few days!

Now I just need to:
-Edit my pictures
-Create a layout draft
-Interview my mom
-Write the article
-Take pictures for the ads
-Create ads with Canva

Tour. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://madeatthecitadel.com/tour/

No comments:

Post a Comment