Sunday, March 17, 2019

Shooting day reflection!

Hi guys! So I wanted to talk more about the pictures that I took yesterday and give you guys more information about where and how I took them.

Like I told you in my one of my last blog posts, I was planning on shooting pictures of my sister in the Miami Design District. However, when I visited my mom’s new studio, I realized how cool that location was to shoot pictures in: there were awesome backgrounds and the lighting in some parts was beautiful!

So, I decided to save my family the trip (and the traffic) to downtown Miami and use what could! I grabbed two of my mom’s jackets and a few pieces from my closet and took a tour of the building with my sister. Here is a video that I took of me directing (aka BOSSING) my sister around, which is my favorite daily activity anyways:




If it looks like I'm slightly yelling at her, it's because I am...


Here are some pictures that my sister took of me:







I really like this picture above!! I love how we used the leaf for more visual apeal, but I’m not sure how I would include it in the magazine.


In the end, I really liked how this picture of my sister for the front cover image:



The lighting might be a little weird, but I’m planning to do a blog post on how I edit it with Lightroom and adding draft cover lines and a masthead with Canva. 

DO NOT BE FOOLED: This may look like me, but I promise it's not!! 
I was recording a video of me taking pictures of my sister in this location, but then my phone decided to overheat in the sun, restart, and delete my video- *silently weeping*. But! I will persevere! I still have the video of me taking pictures of my sister on the couch.

Also, I will be in Argentina during spring break, and my partner Valentina (also from Argentina) recommended two really pretty spots in Buenos Aires to visit to take pictures!! If I get around to go during the week I’m visiting, I'll definitely take some more pictures so I can have more options.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment