Saturday, March 2, 2019

Mama Mia!

Happy Saturday blog readers!

Like promised, today I will be giving you a glimpse on some content ideas I have thought of in the last few weeks, specifically what my cover story will be about.

Like I’ve mentioned in a previous blog post, I really want to incorporate an article about a woman who has overcome an obstacle and decided to “break the norm”. I decided to interview my mom, who is the perfect candidate for my story!

My mom Valeria owns a fashion brand called Pachamama Bohemian, where she sells colorful bohemian purses, clutches, jewelry, and more. Recently, she’s been designing intricate jackets with “collages” of sequined flowers and patches:



My mom started her company around 2013, right in our home. At first, she ordered her items on different websites but then decided to rely on about three reliable suppliers. All the items, including pashminas, kimonos, and blouses are beautifully handmade by impoverished women and men from India and Thailand. She then adds some finishing touches like added strings or fixing zippers/broken pieces.

Around a year ago, she decided to try out a new endeavor: creating the merchandise herself. She started creating a few jackets with patches and cut-out flowers from different fabrics, as seen on the images above. After releasing the jackets to her customers, a lot of them loved the originality and versatility of the jackets, and popularity and demand for her jackets grew.

Today, she has been featured in magazines, dressed celebrities, and even done a TV interview.

Of course, her journey hasn’t been an easy, paved road. Knowing all the obstacles she has overcome, it makes me even more proud of what she has become today. Throughout it all, my mom has stayed down to earth, humble, and most importantly, still determined to reach even more heights.

When people see her company today, they don’t really realize the adversities the face behind it has gone through. They really only see the final product and not the late-night working hours that my mom has. This is why I want to incorporate an interview of my mom in my magazine: I want to express to my audience that success and satisfaction can be achieved, but not without a view bumps in the road.

Overall, in my interview article, I really want to express the mind behind her success and maybe even a sneak peek of all the hard work that goes into making a jacket.

If you want to check Pachamama Bohemian out, here is her Instagram and her website.


Hope you enjoyed this idea! I’m really excited to get started...

Malena
All pictures taken by Valeria Gebruers on https://www.pachamamabohemian.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment