Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Start of a New Beginning!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Malena Diez and I am an eleventh-grader in AICE Media Studies at Cypress Bay High School. A few weeks ago, my class peers and I decided on which path we would take on our AICE Media project journey: a magazine or film, and if we would work with someone or fly solo.
I decided to work with my twin sister, Catalina, and my friend Valentina, who have similar tastes as me and are very creative and responsible (a vital characteristic). We also selected the magazine route, as we all had prior experience with graphic design and using programs like Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign in our art classes. This week, we then had to brainstorm genres in either the film or magazine world that we would most likely be doing for our final project.

Pondering independently about my likes and dislikes, I came up with two options that I love equally: travel and fashion/ beauty. I researched these genres for about an hour in class and I still couldn’t decide on which would be better for my future magazine. I went over to Catalina and Valentina and we all had the same two genres picked out! After discussing for a few minutes, we realized that we all had the same problem of not being able to decide which genre to choose. Ultimately, we decided we were each going to research three different genres; travel, fashion, and beauty, in order to eventually have a more informed decision when we chose our final genre.

Right now, we’re still not sure of which genre to choose, but I know I am leaning towards a travel magazine because I’m always taking pictures of landscapes when I travel and I have previous experience in travel writing for my AICE English Language class. Also, my partners and I are all fairly well-traveled so we can write the magazine with the mindset of a tourist in mind. In the end, I know we will choose the genre that is best for us.

Now for the purpose of this blog: here I will write about everything that happens in the course of making our magazine (the good, the bad, the ugly) like our research, any problems we encounter, how we choose our layouts, colors, pictures, etc. I am honestly very excited to begin this journey because ever since I was little I’ve wanted to design a magazine, choose strategic shots and colors, and more. I will continue to research in the following days in order to make our magazine the best it could be.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you decide to continue following me on my adventure.

Till next time,
Malena

No comments:

Post a Comment